<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/20865766?origin\x3dhttp://behindthatmask-.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Lights,Camera,Action!



♥ 24jan
Child of God

SAJC
09A05/10A05
scgs

Something To Impress



♥loves God!
♥loves singing & acting & dancing
♥RIA<3
♥always a DG baby
♥quadruple eyelids
♥aquarius/left-handed/happy-go-lucky
♥fav colours orange,pink & white
♥fetish for dresses
♥hates forgetting to wish people happybirthday
♥half English half Chinese
♥going gaga over ice-cream
♥only eats red & purple gummy bears
♥has a red phone & an orange ipod
♥doesn't mind letting her thoughts run wild the whole day
♥stars are more fascinating than the moon
♥can't use a laptop effectively w/o a mouse
♥obviously I am random
♥you can call me Tham/Thumb/Thamster
♥I don't bite

Now I'm looking for a reason why
you even set my world into motion

Take The Lead


abigail adele aeres ah liew alan alina alison alouis alyssa audris azidah baoxin beiyi jie bii brian candy caritas cassi charmaine pek cheng xin cherie cheryl chia cheryl yeung chin teck christopher christy clara clarice danitza daryl dennis elaine jie eleanor elias elizabeth fong elizabeth tan elyn eragon eric eunice esther lork esther low evelyn felice fervyn fred germaine grace hester hui mei hsienjuen iwan jade jane jaslyn jean jeanette jemimah jessie jia yin jinger joan joce joey chan jolyn joy julia jun horng kaile kai shi katrina liao kee jia kelly kelly soh kelly tay kelly wong kenneth kristabelle lailing leo liying maveric mei hui meiling meiting meixuan mevis michellina nadia natalie nelson patricia pearly peggy pei yu priscilla qiaohui jie qiu hui r'maine rachel ryan sabrina sacg sandra chan sara choong sean sherica shi hui shirley jie shi ying sibyl sophia sylvia jie sze kee tanat ting ting vanessa victoria vionna vivian eu vivianne lim whitley xian huan yang lu ye lun yokie yong ming yyann 1CO'05 2PE'06

I Say Scandalous


ShoutMix chat widget


Come On Baby,
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
November 2010
December 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010

to write love on her arms
"She folded her arms on her knees and buried he face, and she swayed and swayed and swayed, so that the boat tipped a little."

-Housekeeping



This is out of the blue and I'm tired.

Sometimes I wish I am living in a musical, then I could sing & dance & act all day, and when days are bad&depressing and the girl in the musical sings a sad song? I could do that too.

Similarly sometimes I think I am a unicorn (my friends say horny, haha wth?!?) because a unicorn is unique, it is ethereal and it is dreamy, and probably very transient.

Housekeeping is such a beauty. Maybe beautiful literature shouldn't be meant for analysing. Analysing places a judgement on things and makes everything look so literal and printed and as if it loses some magic. (though Grace argues how analysing can also help to unravel its beauty and adding depth to it and I kinda agree with her to a certain extent) So as you can see, I'm full of contradictions. But I mean, if Sylvie wants to wear a shapeless and oversized raincoat that she might have found on a bench, so be it, if Lucille wants to pull sequins off her new shoes, so be it. Those are oddly pretty.

I remember reading somewhere about a writer, and I think mostly they do not intentionally write their novels for them to become lit texts, so the writer said how if she'd known, she would use simple terms to describe her whole book. Hahaha. Was it Harper Lee? Don't know.

Here is what Anatole Broyard from The New York Times say about Housekeeping,
"Here's a first novel that sounds as if the author has been treasuring it up all her life... You can feel in the book a gathering voluptuous release of confidence, a delighted surprise at the unexpected capacities of language, a close, careful fondness for people that we thought only saints felt."

It's amazing how accurate he is in his praise. Marilynne Robinson is brilliant. Though there are many times (on really tiring days) I still fall asleep while reading this book, possibly due to the overwhelmingness(there's such a word right?) of details... But it's the kind of book that when I wake up and open the page where I left off, I still marvel at how good a read this book is. Every sentence is imagery. And it's like I'm a camera to the private lives of these 3 individuals, and I devour every action and thought they have. I like books like that.

Often I take ages to finish just one chapter because I tend to take my time to read the lines and re-read and re-read. haha. Man I really thank God this is my lit text or I'll never have discovered it, what more reading it!? :O

Today I sat on a bench near the roadside and just read, and it's days like this which really motivate me to spend my free days to sit down somewhere to read (okay, "study"). If only education wasn't that....irrelevant. Tell me why I spend my time doing Arithmetic & Geometric Progression shit or memorise Hess' Law?! haha my life wouldn't be lacking in any way without them right.

Hey but for the greatest sake of things, like how reality always strikes hardest, let me just conform to society's expectations alright, and retreat back to my hellhole of mathsums so that I may possibly find something enlightening about them and perhaps do until I can't feel my hand.

My only coping mechanism:
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.”
–John 14:1

God God God need you need you need you